Codel is a leading Pacific Northwest
fabricator, assembler, marketer and distributor of pre-hung steel
and fiberglass entry door systems and related accessories for residential
- Prospect Partners teamed with independent equity sponsor Montgomery,
Shelton & Company to acquire Codel Entry Systems in April
- The investment was a recapitalization with Codel owner and
General Manager Brent Moss.
- Montgomery, Shelton & Company is an independent investment
firm in Winnetka, Ill., that offers key operating experience
in companies in a variety of industries.
- Prospect Partners sold Codel to a strategic buyer in July, 2017.
- Mead Montgomery
of Montgomery, Shelton & Company served as Chairman of the
operating company. Mr. Holcomb and David Shelton, of Montgomery, Shelton and Company, served
the holding company as Directors.
- SIC codes: 3442 (metal doors, sash, frames, molding and trim
manufacturers); 5031 (lumber, plywood, millwork and wood panels);
3442-03 (doors - metal - manufacturers); 3442-98 (metal doors,
sash, frames and trim); 4031-16 (doors and frames - commercial
and industrial); 5031-17 (doors and frames)